It’s always difficult choosing what to wear the most special day in a woman’s life: her wedding day.
Indian bridal jewellery is an added value to a bridal outfit, and every Indian bride should accessories their outfit. It is apart of the bride’s wedding trousseau. We know that every bride’s dream is to look stunning, classy and glamorous on her wedding day, and brides know that Indian bridal jewellery will bring sparkle to any bride’s ensemble. But a bride’s outfit also has to be unique and modern, and stand out from the crowd.
It may seem strange, but brides have to plan for their jewellery as soon as the wedding date is fixed. Especially when the bride wants something specific, such as “Made to Measure”. You need to know what you want and in perfect time for the big day, because it can take one or two months to custom pieces to be made.
Good advice to take into account: it’s always better to buy from trusted jewellers like big jewellery industry as PGI, DTC, Gemfields and WGC. The bride will be given a certificate for the identity of the jewellery and it’s one of the most essential things to have in case of re-sale.
Basic tips to know:
- For the earrings, be careful before selecting them because it has to go with the hairstyle of the special day.
- People are used to seeing the bride with heavy Indian bridal jewellery. Instead of buying one heavy necklace that can never be worn later, buy several necklaces that can be worn at the same time. Or as an alterative, one big piece can also be good if it can be detached later. You have to think practical, having detachable jewellery or multi-wearable jewellery is the perfect option. It’s the perfect way to turn your wedding necklaces to lovely pendants for all occasions after the special day.
- The bride has to choose a necklace that will match with the bridal outfit. The neckline of the wedding dress has to go with the necklace silhouette. So, if you buy the dress, choose the necklace according to the outfit or vice versa.
- And if you don’t have the chance to find or buy your perfect Indian bridal jewellery, you can always go through your mother’s jewellery. Mothers have everything we need, and especially when it comes to jewellery. You can take these old classic pieces and make them modern by adding your own personal touch and creativity to it. During the big day, it will add an emotional value to your bridal outfit.
Tips to match your Indian bridal jewellery according to your wedding occasion:
- For the engagement, obviously the ring will be the centre of attention, so keep the rest of your jewellery subtle and light.
- The reception is the most relaxed part of the day; choose a cocktail ring, coloured gemstones or a diamond choker with and up-do hairstyle.
- The Mehendi is the traditional occasion of the day, so it’s better to choose an ethnic styled pendant earring set.